Thread: Glycerin
View Single Post

Old 12-28-2004, 06:24 PM
This Post Feels Right

what does it mean to you? why is it important what the artist says why and about who they've written a song? Personally, I don't care. The lyrics take on a very personal meaning when I read them - with my feelings and my life experience. Many lyrics that speak tremendously to me, I'd have a hard time to actually put in different words what they mean, as I 'feel' them more than 'understand'.

It has always puzzled me when people ask me 'what does xyz mean by their song zyx?'!

must be your skin that i'm sinking in :: must be for real 'cos now i can feel :: and i didn't mind :: it's not my kind :: it's not my time to wonder why :: everything gone white :: and everything's grey :: now you're here now you're away :: i don't want this :: remember that :: i'll never forget where you're at :: don't let the days go by :: glycerine

i'm never alone :: i'm alone all the time :: are you at one :: or do you lie :: we live in a wheel :: where everyone steals :: but when we rise it's like strawberry fields

if i treated you bad :: you bruise my face :: couldn't love you more :: you got a beautiful taste :: don't let the days go by :: could have been easier on you :: i couldn't change though i wanted to :: could have been easier by three :: our old friend fear and you and me :: glycerine :: don't let the days go by :: glycerine

i needed us more :: when we wanted us less :: i could not kiss just regress :: it might just be :: clear simple and plain :: that's just fine :: that's just one of my names :: don't let the days go by :: could've been easier on you :: glycerine

bolded part being my favorite

If the song was written while stoned, would that mean it has no meaning/purpose??? Don't get that part......

To me it is a song about a co-dependent relationship. One that feels so perfectly right and the next minute it is shit only to be just perfect again.
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now