Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Final 10 dates of U2 2006 Tour postponed.

Other Bands

Old 03-09-2006, 06:42 AM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo
Default Final 10 dates of U2 2006 Tour postponed.

FROM U2.COM-

Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed.

It is with great regret that tour promoter The Next Adventure announces the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band. The effected dates are listed below.

'Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them.'

The effected shows, which are all sold out, are: March 17th & 18th, Ericcson Stadium AUCKLAND; 21st, Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre BRISBANE; 24TH & 25TH, Telstra Dome, MELBOURNE; 28th, AAMI Stadium ADELAIDE; 31st & 1st April, Telstra Stadium, SYDNEY; 4th, Nissan Stadium YOKOHAMA; 8th Aloha Stadium, HONOLULU.

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007

Old 03-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Looks like you and I were posting this at the same time

S.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo

Yep, it looks that way. Chances are, we are as disappointed as each other too...could the mods maybe remove one of these? No point in having two threads saying the exact same thing.

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007
Old 03-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

I have removed the other thread.
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Old 03-09-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo
Yep, it looks that way. Chances are, we are as disappointed as each other too...could the mods maybe remove one of these? No point in having two threads saying the exact same thing.
Yep...bet we are - was on that *the countdown begins* phase...65,000 people at AAMI Stadium...room booked at The Lakes Resort...days off work...weather fabulous etc., etc...but given the circumstances surrounding the postponement [and possibly cancellation], I'd rather be disappointed like I am right now, than trade places with the band member in question. Thoughts and prayers are with them now.

Ticketek received word from Michael Coppel this afternoon that there may be an announcement, hopefully tomorrow, of possible [only possible, not probable] rescheduled dates for later this year...Sept/Oct being the prime months at this stage.

S.

S.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Last Man Standing

Poor Oz you lot always get a rough deal...
Old 03-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Poor Oz you lot always get a rough deal...
I thought exactly the same. But if they postponed the shows, it must be really serious. It seems it's the Edge's daughter.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Price of posting

I thought the same thing too. Australia really is going through a bad spell when it comes to concerts. Hopefully everything will be okay with the band and they will make up the shows for you guys.
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 03-10-2006, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJovi
I thought exactly the same. But if they postponed the shows, it must be really serious. It seems it's the Edge's daughter.
It's all terribly sad...Dave's [The Edge] daughter has leukaemia and while it's not been stated in the announcement, it looks as though the reason for this postponement [possible cancellation] is indeed her illness.

In their show in Argentina [March 2nd at the Estadio River Plate in Buenos Aires, and last one before their break and then heading off to NZ, Oz etc.], right at the end of the last song [Zoo Station]...this is what Bono said:
"Daddy's coming home now - hang on there Sian - hang on there baby diva"

Most of the airlines and hotels here in NZ and OZ are being absolutely wonderful to the thousands of fans who had flights/accommodation booked....waiving rescheduling fees, offering to *hold* deposits on rooms incase there is rescheduled dates [so we can be given first option to keep the booking or let it go.]

S.

Last edited by Shaz; 03-10-2006 at 09:23 AM..
Old 03-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz
Most of the airlines and hotels here in NZ and OZ are being absolutely wonderful to the thousands of fans who had flights/accommodation booked....waiving rescheduling fees, offering to *hold* deposits on rooms incase there is rescheduled dates [so we can be given first option to keep the booking or let it go.]

S.
WOW, I'm impressed the hotels and airlines are doing that.

I've got the Buenos Aires bootleg but haven't listened to it yet. So, it seems she was already feeling bad. This is a very difficult moment for the Edge and all the family .