View Single Post

Old 12-10-2015, 11:45 PM
Posting Always

I find this refreshing:
Quote:
NY Times: (From) a statement signed by Cilvaringz and (Wu-Tang Clan founding member) RZA...

...Is contemporary art overvalued in an exclusive market, or are musicians undervalued in a profoundly saturated market? By adopting a 400 year old Renaissance-style approach to music, offering it as a commissioned commodity and allowing it to take a similar trajectory from creation to exhibition to sale, as any other contemporary art piece, we hope to inspire and intensify urgent debates about the future of music...and provoke questions about the value and perception of music as a work of art in today’s world.
The WTC approach reminds me of another one with a similar premise but a very different development... yet with the same conclusion: everybody's complaining.
Remember that band who sold their album to a company which then gave it for free to millions of people... who never asked for it and took it for an "intrusion into personal privacy" ?!
I guess the WTC guys didn't want to reproduce this fiasco/scandal, that's why they altered the plan... and everybody's complaining just the same. Hmmm... well, not exactly, only their fans, the rest of the world just doesn't care.