View Single Post

Old 12-27-2015, 10:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Gawker:...(O)n (December 14...Shkreli's) livestream included a 90-minute conversation with a 17-year-old, female high school student who attends his alma mater, Hunter College High School...
His alma what?
Quote:
New York Times: When Hunter College High School announced in March that it had received a $1 million donation...many graduates were stunned to learn who the young donor was: Martin Shkreli, a multimillionaire pharmaceuticals executive...who had ultimately been kicked out for poor grades and poor attendance...

After Mr. Shkreli’s grades tumbled, he went to...an alternative public school where students did internships for credit...“He would come back to Hunter frequently in a suit and with a briefcase, hanging out in the hallways and sort of showing off,” said one classmate...

He cited his Hunter experience as laying the foundation for his success in the business world. In particular, he thanked a math teacher...who still teaches at Hunter...She said that Mr. Shkreli, while bright, often did not put in the effort needed to maximize his potential..."(He)...did not want to do the grit work. I’d have to prod him...”
Portrait of the loser as a young man.
Quote:
When asked...whether Hunter was considering returning the money, a press officer declined to comment...Several classmates say that when they heard about Mr. Shkreli’s gift, they could not help but wonder whether it was meant as a sly act of one-upmanship. “I thought it was weird since he hadn’t graduated,” one classmate said. “It seemed almost like a ‘take that’ move."
I myself was invited to apply for Hunter College High School: they didn't care for my math scores, but I didn't care for their art program. It must be a good school, however if their graduates can spout such pearls of wisdom.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-18-2020 at 05:00 PM..