View Single Post

Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default Heavy Metal fans

Is it just me or do most heavy metal fans only listen to heavy metal. If thats all they like then I guess its up to them but most of them dismiss bands like BJ or anything slightly pop oriented for the sake that it has keyboards or not enough guitar in it etc.
For example, most heavy metal fans seem to think the only good G'N'R' album was Appetite for Destruction. It's like if its not heavy, fast and non stop guitars then it completely sucks or simply 'pop crap'. I like some heavy metal bands like Maiden, Metalica but I don't feel like hearing it ALL the time. I need to listen to something more musical and something that sounds a bit different for a change. Most metal bands sound very simular to one another and I can't see how these people can like only that and be closed minded towards other bands who arn't afraid to try something new.

I just felt like having a rant about this cause I know people who listen to metal music constantly and critisize most of the bands I like cause they ain't heavy enough.