View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 10:49 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomamasofat View Post
Just like you I'm staying off this one as most of the content has already been released before and I got most of them as well. I also only bought the 3 Disc edition of Hysteria 30 as I need that live recording.

It would be disappointing if there is no standalone Euphoria Deluxe Edition. I am looking forward to that, as it is their greatest album since Vault.
I also only bought the 3 Disc edition of Hysteria 30 just for Live ITR IYF. It was great to hear it remastered and some of the edits were nicely done. I'd normally be a purist about the original soundtrack being altered, but the audio rip of the DVD has been a mainstay in my digital library for many years (and otherwise always recorded in whatever medium was available at the time, starting with cassette upon release.) Hearing it cleaned up and edited freshened up the listening experience of the show.

I tend to cite Slang as the best album since Vault, but Euphoria is right alongside it. They did a smooth transition from Slang to Euphoria by going back to the sound they were known for while still moving forward. Songs like "Promises" were so well done that the obvious references to "Armageddon It" and "Photograph" are welcomed rather than taken for creative juices having run dry.

I imagine the deluxe edition is going to still happen. The 20th Anniversary is next year, making it the ideal time for release following the box set.