View Single Post

Old 04-23-2021, 09:35 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Hysteria (Deluxe Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
The best thing about this is that a volume 4 is coming. God willing - that volume 4 gives us a completely redone "Live In The Round - In Your Face" ala what Pink Floyd just did to "Delicate Sound of Thunder." Steve needs to be seen in HD/4K HDR widescreen without Isham's visual quirks getting in the way (that entire behind the curtain sequence before the drop is a mess of video effects and poor angles.)
That would be great but I doubt a Volume 4 would cover that. Volume 4 would be covering the 2010’s which will obviously include the 2015 album, maybe Mirrorball and probably some live audio from concerts of that decade. We haven’t had any DVD/BD discs with these box sets so I’m assuming a Volume 4 would continue that trend.

LItR,ITF definitely needs an HD remaster though. The DVD was terrible quality and the sound mix was pretty poor as well. I hope they preserve whatever the original aspect ratio it was and no cropping-to-16:9 happens. A true HD 4K scan would really bring that show out.

I’m not really interested in Volume 3 in all honesty. I may purchase the B-Sides digitally individually but I’m not even sure about that. The 2000’s were generally lacklustre compared to the 80’s and 90’s and I pretty much “lived” that era. Got some great memories of collecting the bands music (past and then-present) and the lives shows I went to, but I’m not bothered about diving back in that time again.

There’s also a digital release entitled X, Yeah! & Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault, which as the title suggests, is basically Volume 3 minus the studio albums;

X, Yeah! & Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault by Def Leppard https://music.apple.com/gb/album/x-y...ult/1562188926

This is more appealing to me than double-dipping on those albums. Hopefully there’ll be a physical release as well. The Yeah! 2 disc also includes covers from the Euphoria era that weren’t included on Volume 2.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 03-13-2022 at 02:14 AM..