View Single Post

Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Def Leppard - Deluxe Editions and Box Sets Thread

Welcome to the OFFICIAL Def Leppard Deluxe Editions and Box Sets thread.

This is now a thread for information about ALL Deluxe Editions, not just Hysteria, as Deluxe Editions and Box Sets of other albums have since been released.

Pyromania and Adrenalize Deluxe Editions (released June 23rd, 2009) revealed, released and discussed from page 8.

The band talk about preparation for the Slang Deluxe Edition. Released in February 2014. See page 12.

Joe Elliott mentions Euphoria Deluxe Edition in radio interview. See page 20.

Hysteria 30th Anniversary Edition released August 3rd, 2017. See page 22.

Career-Spanning Box Set Series announced. First of four volumes will include band's Eighties LPs, along with rare B-sides and live cuts. See page 22.

Volume One released June 1st, 2018. See page 22.

Volume Two, which covers the Nineties, released June 21st, 2019. See page 22.

The Early Years 79-81, released March 20th, 2020. See page 24.

Volume 3, which covers the 2000’s, released June 11th, 2021. See page 24.

Pyromania 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition discussed here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HYSTERIA" DELUXE EDITION (posted 08-23-2006)

https://web.archive.org/web/20060828...pard.com/news/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppard.com

PRESS RELEASE -- On the 3rd August 1987 British rock band Def Leppard released the album "HYSTERIA". Already a major force in rock music, "HYSTERIA" catapulted the band into the stratosphere. The statistics for "Hysteria" are astounding. The album has sold in excess of 17 million copies and counting. Due to the incredible success of previous album "PYROMANIA" (released in 1983) and "HYSTERIA" Def Leppard are one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10 million plus selling albums in the US. The others are The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Van Halen. The "Hysteria" album also spawned 7 hit singles! Enormous hits such as "POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME", "ANIMAL", "LOVE BITES", "ARMAGEDDON IT" and "ROCKET" are rock staples that still enjoy huge popularity today and have helped make Def Leppard Britain's greatest ever arena rock band. The album remains Def Leppard's best loved.

Mercury Records is set to release the "HYSTERIA DELUXE EDITION" on October 16, 2006. The double album will feature the full album remastered and a host of extras including all the "HYSTERIA" single b-sides, live b-sides and remixes together for the first time. The deluxe edition will also feature exclusive expanded booklet and artwork (including a forward by Rolling Stone senior editor David Fricke).

Having sold over 65 million albums worldwide since their debut release in 1980 and proved themselves one of rock music's hardest working and consistently powerful live bands (playing to over 50 million fans in the last 15 years alone), Def Leppard's "HYSTERIA DELUXE EDITION" is an album not to miss.

Full tracklisting for "HYSTERIA DELUXE EDITION" is as follows:

DISC ONE

HYSTERIA remastered:
1. WOMEN
2. ROCKET
3. ANIMAL
4. LOVE BITES
5. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
6. ARMAGEDDON IT
7. GODS OF WAR
8. DON'T SHOOT SHOTGUN
9. RUN RIOT
10. HYSTERIA
11. EXCITABLE
12. LOVE AND AFFECTION

HYSTERIA b-sides:
13. TEAR IT DOWN
14. RIDE INTO THE SUN (1987 re-recording)
15. I WANNA BE YOUR HERO
16. RING OF FIRE

DISC TWO
HYSTERIA live b-sides:
1. ELECTED (live in Tilburg, Holland)
2. LOVE AND AFFECTION (live in Tilburg, Holland)
3. BILLY'S GOT A GUN (live in Tilburg, Holland)
4. ROCK AF AGES (live in Tilburg, Holland)
5. WOMEN (live in Denver)

HYSTERIA remixes:

6. ANIMAL (extended version)
7. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME (extended version)
8. ARMAGEDDON IT (The Nuclear Mix)
9. EXCITABLE (Orgasmic Mix)
10. ROCKET (The Lunar Mix)

HYSTERIA b-sides continued:
11. RELEASE ME (performed by Stumpus Maximus & The Good Ol' Boys)

"HYSTERIA DELUXE EDITION" is released through Mercury Records on the 16th October 2006. In June 2006 Def leppard released a covers album "YEAH!" to widespread acclaim. The band are currently in the midst of a sold out Arena tour of the USA.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 02-29-2024 at 12:59 AM..