View Single Post

Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stut
Taken from melodicrock.com. I guess itīs seen @ dl.com as well

Press Release -- On the 3rd August 1987 British rock band Def Leppard released the album Hysteria. Already a major force in rock music, Hysteria catapulted the band into the stratosphere. The statistics for Hysteria are astounding. The album has sold in excess of 17 million copies and counting. Due to the incredible success of previous album Pyromania (released in 1983) and Hysteria Def Leppard are one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10 million plus selling albums in the US. The others are The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Van Halen. The Hysteria album also spawned 7 hit singles! Enormous hits such as Pour Some Sugar On Me, Animal, Love Bites, Armageddon It and Rocket are rock staples that still enjoy huge popularity today and have helped make Def Leppard Britain's greatest ever arena rock band. The album remains Def Leppard's best loved.
Mercury Records is set to release the Hysteria Deluxe Edition on October 16, 2006. The double album will feature the full album remastered and a host of extras including all the Hysteria single b-sides, live b-sides and remixes together for the first time. The deluxe edition will also feature exclusive expanded booklet and artwork (including a forward by Rolling Stone senior editor David Fricke).
Having sold over 65 million albums worldwide since their debut release in 1980 and proved themselves one of rock music's hardest working and consistently powerful live bands (playing to over 50 million fans in the last 15 years alone), Def Leppard's Hysteria Deluxe Edition is an album not to miss.
Full tracklisting for Hysteria Deluxe Edition is as follows:
Disc One - Hysteria Remastered: 1. Women, 2. Rocket, 3. Animal, 4. Love Bites, 5. Pour Some Sugar On Me, 6. Armageddon It, 7. Gods Of War, 8. Don't Shoot Shotgun, 9. Run Riot, 10. Hysteria, 11. Excitable, 12. Love And Affection. Hysteria B-Sides: 13. Tear It Down, 14. Ride Into The Sun (1987 Re-Recording), 15. I Wanna Be Your Hero, 16. Ring Of Fire.
Disc Two - Hysteria Live B-Sides: 1. Elected (Live In Tilburg, Holland), 2. Love And Affection (Live In Tilburg, Holland), 3. Billy's Got A Gun (Live In Tilburg, Holland), 4. Rock Af Ages (Live In Tilburg, Holland), 5. Women (Live In Denver). Hysteria Remixes: 6. Animal (Extended Version), 7. Pour Some Sugar On Me (Extended Version), 8. Armageddon It (The Nuclear Mix), 9. Excitable (Orgasmic Mix), 10. Rocket (The Lunar Mix), Hysteria B-Sides Continued: 11. Release Me.
WebLink: www.defleppard.com.

I guess I have to get me one of those.
Oh wow, I'm definitely buying this. This is the complete collection for everything that came out with this album and I remember all of it. Most of it I actually have on 45 RPMs vinyl. Some are on cassette singles. Some are on an EP Vinyl single (I should check the value of this one, it has Animal, Animal Extended, Original Tear It Down and Original I Wanna Be Your Hero.) A few I only got on mp3 years later (like Rock of Ages in Tilburg.)

I've always loved the extended version of Animal for the fact that middle part just before the solo (the whole "cry wolf baby, cry tough..gonna hunt you like.." etc) sans the vocals was put as the intro. It was actually a better arrangement as far as I was concerned intro wise. The rest of it doesn't make too much sense...it's just..extended. Hmmmm...I'm gonna be breaking out my WAV editor and fixing that by cutting that intro from the extended version and merging it with the album version so it's exactly how I want it.