View Single Post

Old 11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

If you say Adrenalize had decent lyrics, how do you justify "Lets get lets get lets get rocked!!!"? And Make Love Like A Man, how can you slag off All Night when this song is in existance. Alright, Euphoria doesn't display Def Leppards potential in terms of lyrics, but lets face it, neither did Hysteria, and although it's not my favourite album, it's still awesome.

You do have to take into account the background behind Euphoria. The band wanted to produce a Def Leppard album like a greatest hist record minus the actual "hits" if you will. If the lyrics sound dumb and stupid to you, thats probably cause they were MEANT to be. The reason I slag off Adrenalize is because of, again, the time it was released, 1992 when grundge had settled in and Leppard were still riding on the success of Hysteria pretty much. I know I was just a kid back then and didnt really pay attention to music, but even I can see the contrast between a song like Let's Get Rocked and Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Euphoria was an album that did what it set out to do IMO, which was simply to produce fun, deep and meaningless, tounge-in-cheek pop/rock. OK I find it hard to excuse All Night, but it's still a very enjoyable record.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.