View Single Post

Old 06-19-2016, 01:17 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Talking I had a conversation with Keith Urban

I'm not going to get into the details of how it happened, but on my birthday, I was contacted by Keith Urban. He told me thanks for all the love and support I had been showing for him and to please always keep listening to his music. I told him the story about how my father had died in December 2003 and the first time I smiled afterward was May '04 when I saw him in concert. I said that about two minutes into the show my jaw was on the floor and I was thinking, "You can DO that with a guitar?" I told him I had gone home, looked up tour dates and gone to see him the next weekend and many, many times after that so many times that I had lost count. I told him that Song for Dad really meant a lot to me.

He said that was "inspiring" and he was "honored" by that. He asked how long I had been listening to his music and I told him I had started with Golden Road and worked my way backwards and been listening ever since. I told him that there were two albums that had changed the trajectory of my life and Golden Road was one of them. (I mentioned that New Jersey was the other just as an aside.) I told him that all the traveling I did to see him had made me more independent, more confident, had let me see new places, meet new people, and make new friends. I told him that he had a gift from God and was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing because his music touched people in ways he couldn't even imagine. He thanked me for showing so much love, said I was "awesome," (Yes, his word, people. I'm confirmed Awesome), said people like me deserved to be in the front row of all the concerts, said the fans were the most important people and that it had been a pleasure to speak to me.

Soooooooooo...... I had the chance that people never get to tell an artist who means so much to me exactly what his music has done for me and why. Most people never get to do that so I'm still floating. I almost feel some closure in telling him about how his music helped me cope after my father's death. I've always felt this NEED to tell him that to say thank you for that because he helped me when no person and no other entity could.

Wow..... just wow!!!!

Last edited by Becky; 06-19-2016 at 02:58 AM..