View Single Post

Old 07-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho View Post
excuse me? I pretend 'seattle' is covered by the 'etc'.... drag...
I just stole and quoted it Maria - I didn't edit it or write it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushgen

Wait, what?
When did that happen?
You have to understand that I've been a Springsteen fan since 1978 - a really long time. They were my first live show addiction - and back then shows were cheap and you could see your favorite band live quite frequently. Notice I said that was "just my opinion". I just posted this for Russ in a different thread:

I see Bruce live any chance I can get. Of the 10 nights he played at Giants Stadium in 2003 - I was there for 9 of them. The other night was a Bon Jovi concert in Philadelphia so I went to it instead LOL.

If you see Bruce live - or Southside Johnny for that matter - you would recognise where Jon got a lot of his stage presence. I'm not saying he copied them - but he relates to the audience in the same way.

For example - I was at a Rush conert last Sunday night and I was amazed at how many people just sat in their seats and didn't sing along. I am so used to Bruce and Bon Jovi shows where the audience is VERY involved.

As for as how he compares to Bon Jovi - I have to say that NOBODY puts on a better live show than Bruce. Keep in mind that music is what Bruce does - no acting - no football teams - he lives and breathes music. He does solo tours when he is not touring with the E Street Band. His music is darker than Bon Jovi music - no question - and sometimes that is appealing. If you want to see something of his show - go buy the Live in New York City DVD - you can get it used cheap. What a show LOL.

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Springst...4257429&sr=1-2

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.