Thread: John Mayer
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Paradise Valley fairly decent! I will be found, Wildfire and Dear Marie are some of his best songs, and it shows that he could pull off the country vibe.

I also really liked Born and Raised. Queen of California, Walt Grace's Submarine Test and Shadow Days are my favorites.

TBH I didn't care for Battle Studies.

I saw Mayer on Monday in Edmonton and he did play bold as love with the trio, and sounded fairly decent on that.

The only real parts I thought were how Free Fallin' definitely took a hit in the vocal department. But also, Mayer had surgery on his vocal chords more than once and there was a chance he would never sing again. The fact that it is where it is now is incredible.

But let's be real here. Where John shines is with the Trio. Where the Light Is and TRY! Are my most listened to live albums, period. To see the Trio perform live felt like I was on another planet.
Hmm, you guys are getting me excited. I'm still debating if I should go to 1 of the Amsterdam shows in 2 weeks. I really like his playing not too fond of the vocals..