View Single Post

Old 06-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mc View Post
Anyone got this yet? I went in with pretty low expectations after their last two crappy releases (The EP and decidedly patchy Generations) but it is absolutely awesome. Arnel Pineda sounds incredible and the new songs are just classic Journey (with a couple of exceptions but hey, every Journey album has duff tracks) I ordered the new albums by Opeth (Amazing!), The Music (Out next Monday) and Journey and to be honest the Journey one was more out of duty than expectation but it has been a most welcome and unexpected surprise.

If you like Journey at all, go out and get this, you will not be disappointed.
I went out and bought it the day it came out. As of right now it's only available at Wal-Mart stores but will be made available in other countries soon. Arnel is pretty solid, though I still am not convinced with the live performances. The new songs are ok. Never Walk Away is just Be Good To Yourself Part 2. They even put a track already featured on Generations, "Faith In The Heartland". They couldn't write another new track to put on there? I'm not quite convinced yet. Some of the new stuff just sound like they could have been b-sides from Generations. There are very few high points. Now, the re-recorded hits are very cool to listen to. To hear the hits re-mastered is pretty awesome. It's just a good effort by the band. If you like Journey, you should be at least satisfied and if not, have another batch of songs for your collection.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????