View Single Post

Old 06-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Jovi Addict

You're welcome to your opinion obviously but I couldn't disagree more. I think the second disc is just a waste of time. It's been done purely for monetary reasons and while they are decent impressions of their classic songs, the originals canot be beaten as Pineda, whilst being an outstanding new singer for them, is not Perry, who is one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

I also thought Generations was mostly shite apart from 3 songs (The best of which being Faith In The Heartland) so I cannot agree with your comment that these new songs are not good enough to be on that record. I, like you, do not understand the need to re-do Faith In The Heartland on the new record. I can only assume that they felt such a great song was wasted on such a poor record as Generations and they felt it deserved to be heard by more people and with a better production by Kevin Shirley.

Generations did actually feel like a b-sides album with so many songs sung by different members of the band and so few with that classic Journey sound. Yes, Never Walk Away is reminiscent of Be Good To Yourself but that is no bad thing. Many of the other songs are very reminiscent of classic Journey but that's why the album is so good, it actually sounds like a Journey album and in my opinion it is their best since Frontiers (And I consider both Raised On Radio and particularly Arrival to be good records)
Blasting from high as the battle unfolds, to the gates of the city we come!