View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM
These Days

Okay, I'll give it a try. Please remember that a relatively popular artist in one country/continent can be completely unknown in another. Here are mine ones:

1. Alex Band - used to be a lead singer of The Calling (one the best alternative rock bands of the early 00s, however the masses perceived them as a one-hit-wonder for Wherever You Will Go. However, they were really great. Now Alex has a solo career, where he barely is having any success. However, his stuff is very melodic and catchy, don't know why he's so unpopular, maybe he's to radio-friendly? He's a Bon Jovi fan too.
Tonight - Rest Of Our Lives (live) -
2. Vintage Trouble - these folks have supported Jovi on a few dates in 2011, therefore some of you are familiar with them already. However, I first heard them a little earlier and I think they're fantastic. Maybe not for a casual Jovi fan, but still fantastic nonetheless. Two great live performances from Jools Holland show:

3. Living Colour - a quite underrated band from 80s, but still active today. For masses they're also a one hit wonder (Cult of Personality), but they have other good tracks too.
Love Rears Its Ugly Head -