Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

KISS @ O2 2017 - Virtual Reality

Other Bands


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Walleris's Avatar
Walleris Walleris is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2010
Location: London, UK (originally from Lithuania)
Age: 25
Gender: male
Posts: 2,499
Default

Are you affiliated with this company in any way?

I don't mean to sound douchey, but your posts in this topic sound like some disguised infomercial. You do make some valid points, but if that's the case, I think it should be noted in the original posts that you do this to serve other interests than just discussion.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:25 AM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 4,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Are you affiliated with this company in any way?

I don't mean to sound douchey, but your posts in this topic sound like some disguised infomercial. You do make some valid points, but if that's the case, I think it should be noted in the original posts that you do this to serve other interests than just discussion.
Nope. I'd love to work for them though! I certainly believe in what they are doing. Alas, they are London-based.

The original post was aimed at and first posted on a KISS forum. It was posted here for the handful of KISS fans.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Walleris's Avatar
Walleris Walleris is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2010
Location: London, UK (originally from Lithuania)
Age: 25
Gender: male
Posts: 2,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Nope. I'd love to work for them though! I certainly believe in what they are doing. Alas, they are London-based.

The original post was aimed at and first posted on a KISS forum. It was posted here for the handful of KISS fans.
Alright, makes sense!

From my point of view, I'd only buy shows (and the necessary gear for it) of bands I really want to see live. The current KISS do not qualify. And currently the offering there isn't great. The only bands that I'm a casual fan of are The Who and Kasabian and both of them I've seen live in the last 3 years and I'm OK with that memory. No bands or artist that I'm a big fan of are there at the moment and I consider my taste to be pretty diverse. They need to expand a lot more to be attractive to masses.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 4,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Alright, makes sense!

From my point of view, I'd only buy shows (and the necessary gear for it) of bands I really want to see live. The current KISS do not qualify. And currently the offering there isn't great. The only bands that I'm a casual fan of are The Who and Kasabian and both of them I've seen live in the last 3 years and I'm OK with that memory. No bands or artist that I'm a big fan of are there at the moment and I consider my taste to be pretty diverse. They need to expand a lot more to be attractive to masses.
They apparently have a lot more content coming. Right now, only two headsets support the app on Oculus, which is the two that lack head tracking since you don't need it currently with the cameras they use. They are going to hit all of them, so I expect the promotion will ramp up and the content will expand even more.

I think, if anything, the current roster is every indication they will have a lot of big names, both old and new. I wasn't using my headsets much at all over the past one or two years other than PSVR for certain games. This is actually the first app that has me excited about it again and keeps me coming back. That's been an issue in general for VR.. what will make people keep using it on a regular basis past the initial "wow" factor.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:05 AM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 4,058
Default

I should add that apparently they have an app for iOS for users to preview and probably watch on your screens if you buy. I am not an Apple fan, so I can't speak to it.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Bounce7800's Avatar
Bounce7800 Bounce7800 is offline
Super Moderator
It's my post
 
Join Date: 02 Jul 2006
Location: Dagenham, UK
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 4,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I know this place is dead, but it really is bizarre that a bunch of people that purport to love going to live concerts seem to be completely clueless and disinterested in this. This is the future happening now and is only going to get better. It is NOT like watching a concert on TV with a headset strapped to your face. It's as if the community here and people in general lack open-mindedness and vision for the future.
To be honest, I thought this was a thread about Kiss so it passed me by. The concept of a VR concert seems really exciting, just a shame I'm not in any way likely to get Occulus or Gear any time soon. I had a poxy Google Cardboard for a bit which was as close as I got to that tech. It would be great to have a Bon Jovi gig on this, but they'd be the last to do something like that. If for nothing else, it got me to take a look at the site and Oculus. Maybe next Christmas I'll ask for one
__________________
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*

Last edited by Bounce7800; 01-11-2019 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 4,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
To be honest, I thought this was a thread about Kiss so it passed me by. The concept of a VR concert seems really exciting, just a shame I'm not in any way likely to get Occulus or Gear any time soon. I had a poxy Google Cardboard for a bit which was as close as I got to that tech. It would be great to have a Bon Jovi gig on this, but they'd be the last to do something like that. If for nothing else, it got me to take a look at the site and Oculus. Maybe next Christmas I'll ask for one
It's possible one of the UK shows for Bon Jovi will be filmed this year, Wembley maybe? Many of the current shows available are London-based. I'd certainly enjoy seeing them get a show up, regardless of the current state of the band, as it's the ideal way to enjoy them these days versus on a small screen.

Despite the negative tone against current KISS in this thread, the reviews I've seen from people who have checked it out as non-fans have been quite positive to blown away. Hardcore fans track every single change and constantly compare to the past. With both of these bands, we're fully aware they've seen better days in terms of physicality and voice, but both of them continue to sell very well in the face of fans who swear they suck and should quit.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.