View Single Post

Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I know this place is dead, but it really is bizarre that a bunch of people that purport to love going to live concerts seem to be completely clueless and disinterested in this.
The people on this board who went to see other bands than Bon Jovi have left the board quite some time ago, I think.

I think I've watched a Coldplay show in VR about a year ago when I received my VR glasses. Although I agree with you by saying it's a way to experience a live show I think soundwise there's a lot that has to change.

Most official releases stemming from live shows don't actually sound live at all with crowd noise mixed to the background and a completely different mix when it comes to instruments and vocals. This results in a rather alienated experience as opposed to being part of it. It's why most good audience recordings often capture the atmosphere and entire show better than the official live releases of the same show. I've loads of official live albums from several artists but only a few sound like an actual live concert. I still prefer Bon Jovi in Osaka 1995 over any official live release from the same tour.

Quote:
Frankly, when it is over, most people are going to be grateful any KISS show at all was preserved like this. Same for Bon Jovi.
I doubt that. If it sounds shit, then why bother listening and watching it? If only it'd make people long for a similar recording but from a tour they would like to see. Bon Jovi released audio of an entire leg of the THINFS tour and all every fan really wants is the same recordings but from a tour they actually care for. The same goes for this stuff.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 01-08-2019 at 09:44 PM..