View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 09:11 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
The only way to avoid this (the bands you like getting worse and worse with time) is to get into new bands and be more accepting to different sounds.
This is the truth. Be cognizant of the fact that every generation has their people that get completely stuck in an era and dismiss anything that comes after it as crap. Everything that you (SteelHorse) praise in the 80s and 90s was dismissed as utter shit by those that came before you.

It's fine to like what you do, but it does translate into missing out on that feeling of discovering something new and fresh. MelodyVR is very much about offering that opportunity. Being able to go to shows in-person has nothing to do with it. That's like saying you don't need Spotify because you can buy the albums. Granted, MelodyVR isn't an unlimited streaming service, but paying $10 dollars to be front row, as often as you want to be, is far more accessible than paying $500 dollars and up for the actual seat at the show. I'm hardly going to stop going to shows. It's more likely that I'll start going to more shows by new bands that I'm discovering as a result of attending their shows virtually.