Thread: Kiss
View Single Post

Old 06-16-2008, 02:16 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Kiss

Aloha !

I've seen them live and walked away. Seriously, they were absolutely rubbish.

They were playing at Arrow Rock Fest and one hour before them there was Whitesnake who were very good, and very loud as well. When they had rebuild the stage for Kiss about 30.000 people were waiting for Kiss to arrive, and when they finally did, their start was spectacular with the band arriving on platforms from the sky and all that.

As soon as the band started playing they lost the crowd though. Right from the start their songs sounded slow, dragged, and the vocals were awful. The only thing that worked was the pyro, but after getting it for every song most people had seen it all.

The worst moment during the 4 songs I've seen was when the singer (I haven't got a clue what his name is) asked the left part of the crowd to scream. And then the right part of the crowd. And instead of hearing the crowd, you could hear a tape running with crowd noises. Really, really pathetic.

They were a joke to me. This wasn't the hottest band on the planet. This was a bunch of clowns holding guitars and doing shitty dance moves while waving their guitar. I was there with some family of mine who had seen them before and said they were shit too, because I wondered if I just wasn't getting it.

When we walked away, we saw at least 30 people doing the same. Kiss were advertised as the band that would top last year's headliner; Aerosmith. Last year nobody left. Nobody. They won't have any problem topping this year's headliner, that's for sure.

Rant over. Anyone else who's seeing them live this tour?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan