View Single Post

Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 AM
These Days

I happened to see FOALS yesterday and what a night it was.

I consider myself the furthest thing from an "indie guy", but they are not your typical indie band with snoozfest guitar-less hook-less ballads that aresang in falsetto by an autistic frontman, accompanied by dudes with guitars even though you can hear them, etc. Their singer is great, has tons of charisma, the whole band sounds really tight and groovy. And some songs I'd say are already classics, like My Number, Mountain At My Gates, Inhaler.

The atmosphere added a lot to it. There's some magic to a being in a concert of a young relevant band that has young fanbase that know every single word of most songs and the whole thing is just one big party. You can't help but join on the jumping and dancing even if it's not the music you listen to on your own. I can't believe I'm saying this, but because of this I had a lot more fun at Foals then I had at Guns N' Roses a month ago, where I was just sitting far away from the stage in a massive stadium next to a bunch of 50 year olds. It's the first time I ever thought about it, how important is the right mood and atmosphere to gig satisfaction.

Do see them if you have the chance and you're just a fan of good music from different genres.