View Single Post

Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM
This Post Feels Right

Audioslave.

I listened to an interview of Chris Cornell earlier in the week and he said that they were rehearsing Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog ---- I knew right then they'd be playing that song in Everett! I just hoped that Eddie Vedder would give a surprise visit and sing it along with Chris....

Right away, Chris said he had an old friend from Everett and he'd come out a bit later.... I desperatly looked for the connection between Vedder and Everett (a town some 30 miles north of Seattle), but couldn't find one....

Anyway, Cornell was in the best shape ever - his voice was really good and he clearly enjoys 'coming home'. Two songs in, he brings out his daughter Toni --- nothing more attractive than a grown man with a little toddler on his arm. Sigh

They certainly did play Hunger Strike and no Vedder appeared (in hindsight, I get it, PJ is on tour themselves and most like not even in town lol). Anyway, still waiting for the old friend of Chris. And there he was .... good old Spoonman. THE one and only, original Spoonman!! The kids next to me were cute when all of a sudden they 'got it' that the dude was making the noise with spoons lol. Cute.

Cornell did again the accoustic Black Hole Sun and Call Me a Dog (another Temple of the Dog song) and closed out the set with Killing in the Name of and Cochise. Though, I don't think anything can follow Killing in the Name of. The crowd goes ballistic and I think I hurt my knee really bad AGAIN jumping like crazy - oh well...

If you think BJ put on a GREAT show, please go and see Audioslave ... Cornell truly knows how to give back to his fans
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now