View Single Post

Old 04-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Something for the Posts

Default LOL: A Good Way To Get Fired From Your Own Band

Once upon a time, not so long ago, a local band was so desperate to hire a bassist, they considered a female one. Opening line: "Met with this lady last night..."

Opening line: "My only concerns are that I hope..."

There's no indication of what this bandmember plays, but if he can't operate his instrument or vocals any better than he can a mobile phone, HE'S the one who should be looking for a job:

That's right! He sent that message to the aspiring bassist instead, who in turn sent it -- well, EVERYWHERE via Facebook! He apologized, though it's not clear whether he's sorry for the unprofessionalism of his attitude toward women or the unprofessionalism of his phone texting skills.

And now for the bad news: this drama has a cliffhanger ending. There's no indication of what the bassist wrote after "No problem -- hope you find..." What do you think?
"Hope you find the right bassist -- and for all the RIGHT reasons."

"Hope you find yourself fired -- or having to change the band's name, at the VERY least."

"Hope you find that a 200-pound Marshall stack is about to land on your head."

"Hope you find condom-free love with a groupie carrying EVERY kind of venereal disease."

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-16-2019 at 07:13 AM..