View Single Post

Old 12-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Tokyo Road

I've moved this to Other Bands, cos I think it makes more sense there...

Anyways, I saw him last Tuesday at Wembley Arena. I pretty much agree with your review: he put on a good show, but it did feel a bit rehearsed. His vocals were for the main part still good considering he's 63 years old, but I did feel there were some times where he was let down by vocal limitations (e.g. Bat Out Of Hell, while a solid performance of a fantastic song, was played veeeery slowly so that he could cope with it).

I liked the 3 song suite of new songs, worked well, and I was pleasantly surprised that Los Angeloser was so much fun live, thanks largely to the animation on the screens. But, although I like the song on the album, Song Of Madness didn't work so well live IMO, too dirge-y. Something else from the album might have worked better, or even something else from Bat 3.

Although it was played to slow, Bat Out Of Hell was great, and I Would Do Anything For Love and Paradise By The Dashboard Light were bloody fantastic. Patti Russo is a hell of a singer and a perfect foil to Meat Loaf.

I enjoyed the Boneyard / All Revved Up outro ... the guitarists played the solo to Freebird too, did they do that at your gig?

I'm glad I got to see him live, but I'm not sure I'd feel the need to again. The main thing is though, the tickets were a birthday present for my girlfriend, and she proclaimed it the greatest gig she's ever seen, so that was a plus!

Incidentally, did Meat say something about being the "45 year old Jon Bon Jovi" at your gig?

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!