Thread: Metallica...
View Single Post

Old 08-20-2016, 08:42 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quite a few of the original fans; would be the answer to the question. Some of those fans were done when Cliff was gone. Others stuck it out to witness what they would do next. ....And Justice For All is very much their Back In Black. They came back from death and went nuclear. They had the respect of the fans who had been there and had the world's eyes trained on them with their first music video, a Grammy nomination (and the controversy around Jethro Tull winning the category,) and a performance on the Grammys.

The Black album pandered to that new audience and actually gave pause or outright alienated those that had been there prior to the rest of the world jumping on the train. It's a classic in the commercial sense, but it is also considered as being the point the band sold out. The Load and Re-Load period only confirmed that.

As for me... I check in and out. I checked out after "Live Shit.. Binge and Purge" after being checked in since "Puppets." It wasn't until Death Magnetic that I checked back in and I personally love that album. I have yet to listen to the new song save for a quick listen to part of it on FB over my phone speaker, which I do not count.