Thread: Metallica...
View Single Post

Old 08-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
Yeah that is better. I can totally accept that as being your opinion. Your posts are sometimes quite abrasive, and you often state things as factual where they are certainly just opinion - something you accuse Old Joy of. There isn't any valid statistical method of judging whether the comments on the BJ video are any better than those on Hardwired. In terms of actual data, THINFS has only a slightly better like/dislike ratio when compared to Hardwired - nonetheless, I still don't how you came to that conclusion regarding the comments.

In my opinion, Hardwired is very much "back-to-roots" - or as "back-to-roots" we can hope for. It progresses like a Kill Em All track and yet carries a Dyer's Eve vibe with DM production (which admittedly I'm not a fan of). There is something St. Anger-esque there too, but without that shitty snare sound, nor the elongated riffage - so I don't really see the problem. Unless of course you just didn't like the actual songwriting for that album. Vocals are also top notch in my opinion - better than half of DM at least.

I'm interested to know what your favourite Metallica albums/songs are? And what kind of album would you like them to release?
Hardwired - 4.000.000 views - 116.000 likes - 5.600 dislikes in less than two days.
THINFS- 1.800.000 views - 43.000 likes - 1.900 dislikes in 8 days.

The positive results are still in favor of Metallica. Why? because they are a very important band of Heavy Metal, and remain of interes. Bon Jovi makes music more accessible, more commercial for radio however.

Metallica will sell much better this double album than the new Bon Jovi record.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 08-20-2016 at 11:12 AM..