Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Motley Crue and Aerosmith Touring Together

Other Bands


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-16-2006, 09:27 PM
danfan's Avatar
danfan danfan is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2002
Location: USA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
you're sure you ever listened to Aerosmith ...EVER?
Um, yeah.

If you've seen Aerosmith on either of their last 2 tours, you'd know what I mean. They did a 30 minute blues cover set on the Kiss tour, which bored the hell out of me (and lots of other people judging by the lines at the concession stands.)

The last tour was in support of Honkin' On Bobo, and that did nothing for me. I just don't care for that straight ahead blues stuff.

Given how big of an Aerosmith fan I am and how many times I've seen them, I find your question hysterical.

Given that you cut Bon Jovi up so much but claim to be a fan, questioning me as not being an Aerosmith fan because I didn't like something they did is a bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
__________________
Men don't do what they like.
Men get wives and jobs to keep them from what they like.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 PM
jerseylady jerseylady is offline
Junior Member
Suddenly
 
Join Date: 25 May 2006
Gender: female
Posts: 4
Default

I'm wondering if Aero will ever tour Europe again. Hoping, but chances seem low. I don't really understand because the last show I've been to in Germany (Munich 2000) has been amazing and I met manys Aeroheads who were desperately waiting for a real tour here in Europe, not only one secret gig like the Munich one.

Right now I do hope Steven will fully recover from his surgery and IF they come over here, I'll do at least... well, as many shows as possible. But I also hope they skip the "bobo thing". This one is just not my business.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Alphavictim Alphavictim is offline
Senior Member
Something for the Posts
 
Join Date: 15 Sep 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 3,131
Default

Quote:
Given that you cut Bon Jovi up so much but claim to be a fan, questioning me as not being an Aerosmith fan because I didn't like something they did is a bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
Thing is, they started out as a blues band and most people still feel that they also made their strongest records during that period. Saying they should leave out the blues stuff is like saying Bon Jovi should leave out the arena rock.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-16-2006, 11:19 PM
DevilsSon's Avatar
DevilsSon DevilsSon is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania
Gender: male
Posts: 8,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan

Given how big of an Aerosmith fan I am and how many times I've seen them, I find your question hysterical.

Given that you cut Bon Jovi up so much but claim to be a fan, questioning me as not being an Aerosmith fan because I didn't like something they did is a bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
Firts of all. Sorry mate for not giving a damn about what big of an Aerosmith fan you are.

Second, What I meant was Aerosmith's rock has more BLUES in it than any other band I ever listened to. If you find that hysterical, fair enough.

Third, when did I "claim" to be a Bon Jovi fan?

Forth. I don't give a damn what big Aerosmith fan you are. Aerosmith is all about blues, from their debut to Rocks to Get A Grip. Honkin' On Bobo was more extreme but if you don't like the blues about Aerosmith than what the hell do you like them for?

Did you ever listen to Live!Bootleg by the way? If that's not blues than I don't know and that's one of the greatest live records ever.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-17-2006, 04:55 AM
spunkywho's Avatar
spunkywho spunkywho is offline
Senior Member
This Post Feels Right
 
Join Date: 05 Sep 2003
Location: seattle
Age: 50
Gender: female
Posts: 13,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan
Um, yeah.

If you've seen Aerosmith on either of their last 2 tours, you'd know what I mean. They did a 30 minute blues cover set on the Kiss tour, which bored the hell out of me (and lots of other people judging by the lines at the concession stands.)

The last tour was in support of Honkin' On Bobo, and that did nothing for me. I just don't care for that straight ahead blues stuff.

Interesting. I saw them on both those tours and the one with Kiss was amazing!! Absolutely amazing. I don't recall any certain minutes of blues covers, but there wasn't a boring minute in the set.

The last tour in support of Bobo, was the complete opposite and it wasn't due to the fact that they played Bobo songs, in fact, I had hoped they would, but there were very few and Tyler sucked. Whatever they had, it wasn't present that night and from what I gathered afterwards, tons of people were disappointed by their performance on that tour.

Of course, I am rather critical and don't just 'love' it simply because it is the almighty Aerosmith we are talking about regardless of how long I've been a fan.
__________________
Why won’t you say something now
Don’t leave me hanging
Cut me down
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now

Last edited by spunkywho; 06-18-2006 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Rob's Avatar
Rob Rob is offline
Senior Member
It's my post
 
Join Date: 27 Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 4,945
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob
Default

You'd have thought Aero would be bored with touring the US now. Anyway, looks like there's an album on the way so if that's sucessful we may get a European tour.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 AM
aerosmith_bonjovi's Avatar
aerosmith_bonjovi aerosmith_bonjovi is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2006
Location: UK
Age: 38
Gender: female
Posts: 847
Default

I would love for Aerosmith to come over to the UK but I'm not going to hold my breath - it's been 8 years since they did a concert here and they've had plenty of opportunities to come over and tour with releases of new albums.
__________________
"So you wanna be a cowboy? Well you know it's more than just a ride"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-19-2006, 01:35 AM
danfan's Avatar
danfan danfan is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2002
Location: USA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Firts of all. Sorry mate for not giving a damn about what big of an Aerosmith fan you are.

Second, What I meant was Aerosmith's rock has more BLUES in it than any other band I ever listened to. If you find that hysterical, fair enough.

Third, when did I "claim" to be a Bon Jovi fan?

Forth. I don't give a damn what big Aerosmith fan you are. Aerosmith is all about blues, from their debut to Rocks to Get A Grip. Honkin' On Bobo was more extreme but if you don't like the blues about Aerosmith than what the hell do you like them for?

Did you ever listen to Live!Bootleg by the way? If that's not blues than I don't know and that's one of the greatest live records ever.
I realize Aerosmith's music is bluesy. However, there's a difference between incorporating blues into rock music, and just playing the blues. To think not liking the blues means you don't like Aerosmith is just stupid.

As for you being a Bon Jovi fan, I would have to assume to an extent you are some what of a fan. You spend enough tiem on these boards. Noone ever said everyone here was a Backstager, but one would assume you have some interest in the band.
__________________
Men don't do what they like.
Men get wives and jobs to keep them from what they like.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 AM
danfan's Avatar
danfan danfan is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2002
Location: USA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
Interesting. I saw them on both those tours and the one with Kiss was amazing!! Absolutely amazing. I don't recall any certain minutes of blues covers, but there wasn't a boring minute in the set.

The last tour in support of Bobo, was the complete opposite and it wasn't due to the fact that they played Bobo songs, in fact, I had hoped they would, but there were very few and Tyler sucked. Whatever they had, it wasn't present that night and from what I gathered afterwards, tons of people were disappointed by their performance on that tour.

Of course, I am rather critical and don't just 'love' it simply because it is the almighty Aerosmith we are talking about regardless of how long I've been a fan.
It was amazing - At least Kiss was. And I'm not even a big Kiss fan. I went to the show at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA - It was lame. There was at least, a 30 minute blues jam by Aerosmith where many, MANY people actually left the show. Granted, it was a work night and it was late, but it had lots to do with the music. And given that Aerosmith is bigger nowhere than they are in Boston, that's saying something.

I agree - I don't love Aerosmith because it's the almighty Aerosmith. I love them because I really enjoy their music (most of it anyways.) There are many bands I feel that way about - Metallica and Van Halen come to mind. Neither band has done anything I've liked since 1995.

On the other side, Def Leppard, who was all but shut out for 3 records in a row, released 2 GREAT albums (Slang and X) and Euphoria was pretty damned good as well. I didn't jump off the Leppard bandwagon because so many others did.

Guess my point is, current status of a band has no effect on whether I like or dislike them. If this were true, I wouldn't have been a Bon Jovi fan from 1992-2000.
__________________
Men don't do what they like.
Men get wives and jobs to keep them from what they like.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-19-2006, 01:46 AM
danfan's Avatar
danfan danfan is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2002
Location: USA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Thing is, they started out as a blues band and most people still feel that they also made their strongest records during that period. Saying they should leave out the blues stuff is like saying Bon Jovi should leave out the arena rock.
No, it isn't anything like that. Blues is incorporated into Aerosmith's music. It isn't everything they are. And I didn't say they should leave that early material out - That stuff is great. What I said was, seeing a 2 hour gig full of blues withouth the Aerosmith Rock, isn't what I wanted to see.

Arena rock IS what Bon Jovi is.
__________________
Men don't do what they like.
Men get wives and jobs to keep them from what they like.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aerosmith, mötley crüe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.