View Single Post

Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
Interesting. I saw them on both those tours and the one with Kiss was amazing!! Absolutely amazing. I don't recall any certain minutes of blues covers, but there wasn't a boring minute in the set.

The last tour in support of Bobo, was the complete opposite and it wasn't due to the fact that they played Bobo songs, in fact, I had hoped they would, but there were very few and Tyler sucked. Whatever they had, it wasn't present that night and from what I gathered afterwards, tons of people were disappointed by their performance on that tour.

Of course, I am rather critical and don't just 'love' it simply because it is the almighty Aerosmith we are talking about regardless of how long I've been a fan.
It was amazing - At least Kiss was. And I'm not even a big Kiss fan. I went to the show at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA - It was lame. There was at least, a 30 minute blues jam by Aerosmith where many, MANY people actually left the show. Granted, it was a work night and it was late, but it had lots to do with the music. And given that Aerosmith is bigger nowhere than they are in Boston, that's saying something.

I agree - I don't love Aerosmith because it's the almighty Aerosmith. I love them because I really enjoy their music (most of it anyways.) There are many bands I feel that way about - Metallica and Van Halen come to mind. Neither band has done anything I've liked since 1995.

On the other side, Def Leppard, who was all but shut out for 3 records in a row, released 2 GREAT albums (Slang and X) and Euphoria was pretty damned good as well. I didn't jump off the Leppard bandwagon because so many others did.

Guess my point is, current status of a band has no effect on whether I like or dislike them. If this were true, I wouldn't have been a Bon Jovi fan from 1992-2000.