Thread: Motley Crue...
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Damn, I take what I said back. Vince's voice was so much better than I ever remember hearing in my life. Much better than the Carnival of Sins CD, Entertainment CD and the Crue Fest 1 tour DVD. Honestly.

First band was Airborne, who were actually suprisingly good. I only knew one song, and I never liked them because they sound like a bunch of AC/DC rip offs.

Second up was The Joe Perry Project. They weren't TOO bad, but definatly nothing special. The two songs Joe took on lead vocal sucked, and the other "lead singer" had some pretty good pipes, but never really moved or really did anything. There was also a 5 minute bass solo. They covered 3 Aerosmith songs (Toys in the Attic, No Suprise and Walk This Way) and they also played Train Kept A Rollin'. Altogether they played about 50 minutes. The first few songs I was kinda star-struck.... (I forgot to mention, I was the very front row) because Joe Perry was like, right there. But after the first few songs it kind of died off. It also seamed they were a cover band, playing only 4 of their own songs.

Motley crue was up next, and played there set. Vince wasn't too good on Kickstart, but still much better than the live albums I mentioned. Anyway, they had loads of energy for a bunch of forty/fifty/sixty year olds. The set highlights for me were probably Saints Of Los Angeles, Same Ol Situation, Primal Scream and Dr. Feelgood.

But here comes the bummer. For those who have read "The Dirt", you will know Mick suffers from severe arthritis problems and also has Ankylosing spondylitis which is the slow freezing of your spine so that you can no longer stand properly, and moving proves to be both difficult and painful. However, at the end of Livewire, Mick was banging his hand against an amp. And it became obvious to me: his hand had frozen up or something. Anyway, his guitar playing from then-on became increasingly sloppy, to the point that I didn't know what song was playing until Vince started singing. But even after all that, I noticed Mick was moving a hell of a lot more than Ive seen on previous concerts.

But For once, at least, the downer wasn't Vince, it was Mars, however he really did have an excuse. But moreorless, it was an amazing gig, and my first FRONT ROW in the pitt experiance. There was also an asshole security guard right in front of my face who wouldnt let me take photos with my camera-phone, so that pissed me off. I conveniantly took one from the Calgary Herald website though . Oh, and I got to touch both NIKKI ****ING SIXX and Tommy Lee. ALSO my friend almost got Tommys bottle of Jager, but he moved on when he saw someone acting more crazy. Anyway, It was a very good rock show. Lots of pyro, and I left (almost) completely satisfied.

The setlist was the same as the Victoria show I posted, and it was a little over 90 minutes.

And heres the set from the Joe Perry side project:

Let the Music do the Talking
Toys In The Attic
Walkin' The Dog (Rufus Thomas cover)
We've Got A Long Way To Go
Slingshot
Scare The Cat
No Surprise
Somebody's Gonna Get (Their Head Kicked In Tonite) (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Train Kept A Rollin' (Tiny Bradshaw cover)
Walk This Way

Heres a review from the Calgary Herald.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...322/story.html