View Single Post

Old 06-03-2015, 05:54 AM
It's my post

It's leaked now. First impressions, with #spoilers for anybody who may not want to hear the album yet:

The first 4 we already had, of course. Dead Inside is fantastic, with an epic bridge. Psycho is........ Psycho. Mercy is decent, but forgettable. Reapers is fantastic and produced fabulously in my opinion.

The Handler and Defector (and the unnecessary JFK tidbits in there) both sound the same to me. Really bombastic, average songs for me. I like the bridge/solo of The Handler, but everything else is bland.

Revolt sounds like it could be a big pop-rock crossover hit. Definitely captivating and interesting, and definitely a welcome change from the previous two tracks.

Aftermath is interesting. The first minute or so bears a heavy resemblance to U2's "One", but it's a nice ballad, nevertheless.

The Globalist, supposedly the child of Citizen Erased, sounds more like a combination of Citizen Erased and New Born, without reaching the incredible heights of either of those songs. It also has a lot of elements of the piano-driven bullshit of The Resistance and The 2nd Law. All in all, it's so... okay. I don't think I'd ever listen to it out of the context of the album. I can't help but feel like so many elements of the song, and really the song in general, could be described as "unnecessary".

Drones (the song) ****ing sucks. I was expecting a good rock track to seal up the album, especially with the title and the album starting that way. This is like a ****ing church choir. Horrible.

All in all, the album starts really good, but they definitely gave us the best 4 already. The only one that is begging for another listen is Revolt. MAYBE Aftermath. I'm incredibly disappointed with the rest of this album.

Last edited by TwinFan; 06-04-2015 at 12:10 AM..