View Single Post

Old 12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeExcellent View Post
wtf?!?!

1) muse could sell out a venue that size, regardless of the prestige of the date
Debatable. I'm not saying they couldn't, I'm just not as convinced as you seem to be that they can. Especially announcing it about 20 seconds after they've played a UK tour ... sure there'll be a lot of people who are still caught in the moment and buy tickets based on that, but there's also going to be a lot who think "Well I've only just seen them, can't really justify buying more tickets"

Quote:

2) if someone was only going to buy tickets because it was the first show, then they would only be bringing the atmosphere down.
Be that as it may, people are going to ... why do you think I ended up having spare Bon Jovi Milton Keynes tickets, and only being able to sell them to a tout for £30 each?

Quote:
3) nowhere at all has it been stated that this is to be the first show at Wembley.
Whether it's true or not, it's implied. And it does say "first confirmed", which a lot of people will either misread or misunderstand as "first"

Quote:
4) it would have to be a really bad night for Muse to leave fans dissapointed
[/quote]

Did you have tickets for Bon Jovi at Wembley? I wasn't disappointed, not in the slightest, but I was annoyed with the fact that the whole thing was a bit of a shambles, especially at the time where we all had no idea where they were going to play and if the tickets we'd bought would remain valid or not. That's a bit beside the point though, the point is, as Christo pointed out, it's going to leave a lot of casual fans who buy a ticket on it being the first show at Wembley very disappointed if it isnt

Quote:
Yes, that would be an incentive, but an entirely unnecessary one.
Just cos you think the band are Gods among men, doesn't make it so

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!