View Single Post

Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
sure there'll be a lot of people who are still caught in the moment and buy tickets based on that, but there's also going to be a lot who think "Well I've only just seen them, can't really justify buying more tickets"
Muse's entire career has been built on word of mouth and personal experience. They've never been a fashionable band. They've never had the hype that say the Arctic Monkeys have had behind them. They've developed a massive live fanbase purely because of the quality of their shows.

At each stage of their career, they've made themselve accessible to the maximum possible audience before moving up a notch. Before they headlined theatres they had played countless support slots. Before moving up to arenas they'd headlined 3 or 4 theatre tours. When they moved to arenas 2 years ago, they priced their tickets at £17.50 to make sure they had the audience, and sure enough they all came back this year, and brought their frineds when tickets cost £32.00. After selling out their arena tour in more or less a single day and headlining many, many festivals, they have the audience for a Stadium show, no questions asked.

How cool that one of the first bands to play the national stadium is so exemplory of the zeitguiest... If it were any other contemporary act (even one I dislike personally) I couldn't raise an objection.

Quote:

Be that as it may, people are going to ... why do you think I ended up having spare Bon Jovi Milton Keynes tickets, and only being able to sell them to a tout for £30 each?
Because the inaccessable Milton Keynes Bowl meant a lot of people decided to pass on the hassle and expense of an out-of-town trip?

Because you left it till the last minute to get rid of your ticket?

Quote:

Whether it's true or not, it's implied. And it does say "first confirmed", which a lot of people will either misread or misunderstand as "first"
Really don't think it is. You are smart enough to tell the difference between "first confirmed" and "first", why do you think other people aren't up to that level of reasoning?

Quote:

Did you have tickets for Bon Jovi at Wembley?
Yes.

Quote:

It's going to leave a lot of casual fans who buy a ticket on it being the first show at Wembley very disappointed if it isnt
I have no ****ing sympathy whatsoever.

Quote:

Just cos you think the band are Gods among men, doesn't make it so
Surely this is just a petty insult. "He loves Muse. He's like sooooo gay"

EVERY live act has its faults. Jovi rely on Cliche. Springsteen is too political. Muse are too cold and impersonal. You pays your money....

That said. Muse are in the very top flight and have nothing to prove to anyone.

There is no logical reason why the first band to announce a show should be the first band to play a show. If you make that assumption it's your own stupid fault. If having made that assumption you get riled about it, then you are wasting your energy.

Last edited by BeExcellent; 12-06-2006 at 11:27 PM..