View Single Post

Old 04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Just posting

Default My review of new Goo Goo Dolls album

Sadly, I am extremely disappointed. Sorry guys. Here's my harsh, but honest review. I'm omitting Robby's songs, as to me, they're all pretty much the same, and Give A Little Bit which shouldn't even be on this album.

Stay With You: Grade: A-
Unfortunately, the album peaks here. Great rocker, but unfortunately, the only one on the album. Great chorus, great bridges, great lyrics. Typical radio kick ass Goo song.

Let Love In: Grade: B
The chorus of this song is very good, but unfortunately, the rest if just kind of lallygagging into it. If this were the worst song on the album, I'd be happy, but it only goes down from here.

Feel The Silence: Grade: C+
The chorus again isn't too bad, but the rest of the slow is too slow and uneven. I kept waiting for it to pick up, but it never does.

Better Days: Grade B+
I always liked this song, though the lyrics at times are a bit too "nice". When it picks up, it's great. Only down side is it could have continued a bit more at the end after picking up, but doesn't.

Without You Here: Grade: C-
This song did nothing for me. Very boring. It picks up a bit at the end, but by that point, it's too late to save the song.

Can't Let It Go: Grade: C+
Again, another decent chorus, but it's just too slow and boring otherwise. Where is the upbeat rock on this album?

When You're Gone: Grade: C-
Probably the worst chorus on the album. Only thing that saves this is that it rocks a bit towards the end.

Become: Grade: D
This is the major dissapointment to me on the album. The Goos have ended some of their albums with KILLER tracks. IE, Hate This Place, Disconnected, So Far Away, Truth Is A Whisper. This song is weak, boring, and leaves you feeling nothing for the rest of the album, which is what a good closer does.

Overall grade: C-

Who knows? Maybe some of it will grow on me, but I doubt it. With the Goos, ALL of their music grabs me right away. This album is inferior in every way to Dizzy, BNG, SSCW and Gutterflower.

I'll still go see the guys, but not with the same excitement as I had before.