View Single Post

Old 06-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Two more:

MTV:
Tom Scholz, the founder and guitarist of (the) classic rock group Boston...(sent a) letter asking...Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee...to quit using More Than a Feeling in his presidential campaign...

Huckabee performed covers of the Boston hit and invited former Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau...to play with him...(W)rote Scholz: “Your claim that this was ’the guy who originally did it’ is a bit mystifying, since he never played on that recording, nor has he been ’of Boston’ since he left...over a quarter century ago after performing with us for only three years.”

Scholz goes on to say that his band has never endorsed a political candidate, “and with all due respect, would not start by endorsing a candidate who is the polar opposite of most everything Boston stands for. In fact, although I’m impressed you learned my bass guitar part on ’More Than a Feeling,’ I am an Obama supporter.

“...By using my song, and my band’s name...you have taken something of mine and used it to promote ideas to which I am opposed. In other words, I think I’ve been ripped off, dude!”

Rolling Stone:
Silversun Pickups have told Mitt Romney to stop using their song Panic Switch at campaign events, sending a cease-and-desist order to the Republican presidential hopeful.

"We don't like people going behind our backs, using our music without asking, and we don't like the Romney campaign," singer and guitarist Brian Aubert said in a statement..."We're nice, approachable people. We won't bite. Unless you're Mitt Romney!"

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-26-2015 at 05:00 PM..