View Single Post

Old 10-13-2018, 07:46 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Indeed it does! I have a similar experience with that album.

Def Leppard was my very first concert 10 years ago and in the months leading up to it, I listened to a lot of that 'Best of' album on my way to school leading up to the show. When Love and Hate Collide was my favorite. I thought the show was amazing, but I didn't know any better back then. Now I think they're just OK live.
I'm beginning to think I watched "Live In the Round" way too much and it just can't be topped, particularly without Steve's stage performance. I just saw them last Saturday with 8th row tickets. I definitely enjoyed the show, but there was still something missing on a personal level and I had that feeling back when I first saw them on the Adrenalize tour. Maybe my expectations in my mind are too high. Maybe I just overplayed them. I guess the best I can describe the feeling is "robotic."

Journey absolutely slayed me in contrast, but I only recently started getting to know their material beyond the obvious so everything was fresh and performed with heart. I'm in love now.