View Single Post

Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus
So anyone got this? I just finished listening to it through for the first time,and while it may not throw up any incredible surprises, it does seem for the most part pretty strong. There's some bits that I'm not too sure about: the opening song Different Worlds didn't grab my attention all that much, and I'm still not too keen on The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, but it's starting to grow on me a little bit. It's really hard for me to listen to this album in an unbiased way though, seeing as Dance Of Death is my favourite Maiden album that I own, and so at the moment I'm just comparing the two. What does anyone else think of it?
I've listened the album a couple of times now and it definitely still has to grow on me. When I listen the whole album it's still all sort of a blur, not really a song that stands out a lot, although I very much liked Brighter Than A Thousand Suns ever since the first listen. But I haven't had the time to listen to the album with all my attention yet either.

I will see Maiden live in 2 months from now, by that time I certainly have a better opinion about the album .