View Single Post

Old 10-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mc
I'd also consider Brave New World, one of the more recent albums, it has some excellent stuff on there. Having said that Piece Of Mind is a must as is Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and Number Of The Beast. I'd avoid No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark though, I can see why Bruce left after those two albums, he sounds pretty tired on them and songs in the main are quite weak. I'd also consider Chemical Wedding which is a brilliant Dickinson solo album featuring Adrian Smith on guitar. It was his last album before they both re-joined Maiden and you can see why they wanted them back after this classic metal album.
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, I will surely get the albums you mentioned first up there, especially SSOASS, plus a whole lot from Bruce himself as I just can't get enough of his voice these days...and yes, Chemical Wedding is high on my wishlist due to the rave reviews I've heard about it Oh, and I did expand my Maiden collection with Somewhere in Time yesterday -not as strong a record as I had hoped, but still very listenable indeed. I certainly think AMOLAD is a much stronger album, though

I'm a happy bunny now because I am going to see them in concert next month after all, managed to still get a ticket for one of the three practically sold-out concerts held in Maiden-crazy Finland, lol. I'll be there rocking with 12 000+ other people so it should be a great experience!