View Single Post

Old 07-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r
...(I)t's titled Memoirs of a Madman...I know 13 was really popular...I was really disappointed...I wanted a new album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomamasofat View Post
Another compilation??!?!?!?! And it's not a good one because it doesn't have Shot In The Dark.
I'm with you! I adored 13, a very pleasant surprise that hit number one on the rock charts -- why not follow it up with additional original material? Also, 13 is barely a year old: If they were going to put out a compilation, waiting for the holiday season toward the end of the year would have been a smarter move.

But it isn't as though Ozzy is calling the shots -- apparently, he's still so loopy that he's kept outside of his own loop. Here's some whining he did about 13 producer Rick Rubin picking drummer Brad Wilk over his choice Tommy Clufetos:
"The way it was dealt with wasn't very fair on Tommy. Rick Rubin just didn't want to work with him for reasons I don't know. He's a great drummer, and he's been with me for awhile now and I just felt that nobody discussed the decision...to me... Tommy was promised the album... It's not because he was my drummer and my ego wanted him. It was just the fact the way it was dealt with. It just got me a bit...pissed off... I don't have anything bad to say (about Wilk)...(but) I don't know what the problem was."
Sounds like Ozzy promised the album gig to Clufetos without clearing it with Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi first. But if that was the "problem", they should have settled it among themselves rather than by secretly conspiring with the producer. And then everybody turns around and decides that Clufetos is good enough to be Sabbath's TOURING drummer???

The three of them should have told Rubin: "If we decide that Animal from The Muppet Show should be our drummer, you find a way to work with him AND find a way to enjoy it -- or WE find ourselves ANOTHER producer!"

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-11-2021 at 08:53 PM..