View Single Post

Old 08-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Jovi Addict

Brian May wrote some of my favourite Queen songs as he tended to write the heavier stuff. What made the songs great though was the combination of his huge heavy guitar sound and Freddie's incredible vocals. Paul Rogers is a decent blues rock singer but is not in the same league as Freddie Mercury no one ever has been or probably ever will be. I always find Paul Roger's voice really dull whereas Freddie just oozed charisma even just with his voice, never mind when you got the visual performance side aswell.

People have touted the awful Robbie Williams as a possible Queen frontman as he's such a "great entertainer" That maybe so (I personally find his antics incredibly annoying and feel a strong urge to punch him in the face whenever I see him onstage) but they forgot the other important element, he can't actually sing. He's a pub singer who got lucky whereas Freddie was a unique talent.

They should not release an album under the Queen moniker as it is not Queen without Freddie just as it would not be Queen if Brian May had died and Freddie had lived.

Sigh! Freddie Mercury is dead while Robbie Williams lives, where's the justice?
Blasting from high as the battle unfolds, to the gates of the city we come!