View Single Post

Old 08-21-2006, 07:34 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Look at other bands like The Who; Keith Moon and John Entwistle were as big a part of the band as Pete and Roger and they're still going.
Yeah Keith and John were an essential part of the Who's markup as they both brought a very unique sound to the band. After Moon they turned to a lot more of a pop orientated sound but still managed to play some good stuff thanks to Townsend's creativeness. I think losing a singer or the main songwriter from a group would hurt the group more though. For example if Townsend died instead of Moon then that woulda been the end of the Who I think. The others apart from maybe John Entwistle didn't write a good song between them.

Queen will never be the same as they were, just like the Who are. Ask me a year ago and I woulda said no, Queen should call it a day. However the Who's new material, and the great performance of Paul Rodgers on the new Queen DVD have made me believe that this could be a good idea. The new rock opera by The Who, Wire and Glass, though it may not quite be Who's Next quality is surprisingly very good. Zak Starkey does a good job on the drums, certainly better than anyone has done for the Who since Keith died. The basslines aren't as prominent, and Daltery is losing his range like JBJ is, but Townsend is as good as ever. Wire and Glass is very well written and works for me. I just hope the new material is going to be good by both bands.