Thread: Nickelback
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2022, 07:54 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

I got into them in 2001 when Silver Side Up was released. I remember thinking "How You Remind Me" was the best song I ever heard when I first heard it. Couldn't get enough of it. (I was 15 years old at the time and had only discovered a small fraction of the music I now love!) It got way overplayed though and I could quite happily go the rest of my life without ever hearing it again!

My favourite album of there's has always been The Long Road. I think that was when they were starting to really cross over into "mainstream" rock which would eventually lead to the much more commercial-sounding All The Right Reasons, which had several good songs on there but I found the album as a whole was lacking.

Their music on the whole has never really been "deep" or meaningful or anything like that but I used to find their music catchy and fun to listen to. Tonally and production-wise, it was usually very satisfying, but I think they just became more and more lowest common denominator. They were the support band for Bon Jovi during the Have a Nice Day UK tour in 2006 so I at least got to see them which was great. I remember when Chad Kroeger stopped and asked the crowd, "How many of you own a CD called All The Right Reasons?" and there was a mostly awkward silent afterward!

By the way, if you use the search function, or click the tag at the bottom of this thread, you'll find loads of threads about Nickelback.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 05-01-2022 at 07:57 PM..