View Single Post

Old 12-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Killer Queen
Slippery When Wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
I think it was all of them really, I know Freddie stood out but even during shows Brian and Roger often sang (not sure about John) and there was a tremendous energy between them and they could play off each other and the audience.

I really wish I'd have been born 20 years earlier, I'd have got to see them live as well as many other bands. Ever get the feeling you were born into the wrong generation? lol
John never sang.. John couldn't sing!! Whenever you see him singing he is miming..

Anyway, I don't think that it was just Freddie that was Queen, you'd be surprised how much of a democracy Queen was. Brian and Roger were always more the driving force of the band. The band came close to splitting up in the early 80's due to Roger and Brian fighting.. but... I think that Queen is the 4 of them, they are Queen. It just isn't right that they are still using the Queen name when Queen is the 4 of them. But I love seeing both Roger and Brian live.. so yeah, I'll go!

And Neil; Robbie absolutely raped We are the champions!! It was a terrible version and I like Robbie!! He should keep his hands off Queen songs. In my opinion there is only one singer that can match Freddie's range (as much as possible) and presence and that is George Michael. A close second is Mark Shaw. I'll have to wait and see about Paul Rodgers...

Well it ain't no secret
I've been around a time or two
Well I don't know baby maybe you've been around too
Well there's another dance
all you gotta do is say yes
And if you're rough and ready for love
honey I'm tougher than the rest