View Single Post

Old 01-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Tokyo Road

The recently reformed Queen are to play Brixton Academy on March 28.

The band, featuring Paul Rodgers from Free in place of original vocalist Freddie Mercury, will make their UK debut at the London venue.

Tickets, priced £55, will be distributed to members of the Queen fan club only via a lottery system.

Queen guitarist Brian May revealed the new line-up and plans to tour in December.

In a statement on BrianMay.com he said: "It really all came about because of the Fender 50th Anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers."

"We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in "All Right Now" that suddenly it seems blindingly obvious that there was something happening here."

"Barring accidents, Queen and Paul Rodgers will be on the road, pretty much for sure, around April 2005."

Robbie Williams was reportedly upset at not being offered the position of frontman.

Concert.com quoted him as saying: "I'd have killed for a chance to sing with those guys backing me. How cool would that have been?"

"I sang "We Are The Champions" for [the "A Knight's Tale"] soundtrack and the band said I did a good job."

Queen bassist John Deacon responded: "I don't want to be nasty, but Robbie is no Freddie Mercury. Freddie can never be replaced - and certainly not by him."

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!