View Single Post

Old 12-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock
For me he's always been about the image and the presence (charisma) more so than being someone with great vocal talent. Personally I think he is a terrible singer, but his voice perfectly fits his music and personality...

I prefer DIO, Ian gillan or Ray Gillian (that right?), Glenn Hughes as Black Sabbath singers although I'm aware that their contributions to BS were not as well valued as the classic lineup. That said "Heaven and Hell" is a really good album!

I am a huge Sabbath and Ozzy fan. I still wonder how you think he is "terrible". I don't like any of the guys you mentioned.Dio was crap....oh my God. He did the best job on DEHUMANIZER with Computer God being one of my fave songs but the rest of them...hell no! Whn Bon SCott died AC/DC replaced him with a very similar voice.I don't know wht Iommi had in mind when putting tha Ronnie James Dio in the Sabbath line up. I really can't listen to him. He sounds like a dying crow.

Ian Gillan is a huge vocalist...but i can't get him in the Sabbath image. he just doesn't fit.He is deep Purple's man. At least he wasn't very long around.
Glenn Hughes same story as Gillan only that he is vocally waaay under Gillan. And i never really liked him, not in Purple, not in Sabbath not even as a person.

If Ozzy won't be abl;e to sing again, it's as the Elvis had died. He is in my opinion the GREATEST ROCKSTAR of all time. The best FRONTMAN i have evr seen...and one of the most original voices ever.

He's been suffering lately from the AEROSMITH syndrom but he definetly is the one who DEFINED HEAVY METAL, vocally,emotionally and charismatically.

THANK GOD FOR THE OZZMAN!