View Single Post

Old 04-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I've seen them just once since I'm from Europe. Thanks to that I saw the allstars lineup which was basically Savatage without Jon Oliva and Zak Stevens. And I saw both Jon's (Pain) and Zak's (Circle II Circle) solo bands. I love the progressive Savatage years. And I wish to see TSO once in a big setting with all the pyro and lasers etc.
I know about the two bands touring and playing afternoon and evening shows. A Czech singer Gabriela Guncikova was a singer on the West group for two years but I had known the band way before that. I follow Chris Caffery and Kayla Reeves on facebook. I've also read some of Paul's short stories that accompany their conceptual albums. Paul was a unique person. Not only in terms of writing stories and music but also as someone who kept the ticket prices much lower than the other acts, no sectors etc. He was an altruistic soul - he was known to give money to people on the streets. He called it "whacking". I feel so sad...
I hope you get to see them - it is the most elaborate stage performance I'd dare say I've ever seen. You walk away amazed. A tip - lower level is better imo than the floor as the musicians are plat formed out - they are almost where you feel you can touch them. Chris is always a standout and he's been sharing a lot on Facebook. Somewhere I have pics of him. Cherish the memories.....

As you can tell I'm no photographer - tried to upload a video that included everyone but...file issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSO 1.jpg (95.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg TSO2.jpg (95.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg TSO4.jpg (97.9 KB, 15 views)