Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Tool - 10,000 Days

Other Bands

Old 05-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Jovi Addict

Default Tool - 10,000 Days

Anyone else got this yet, can't believe no one's mentioned it.

It is yet another truly amazing piece of work from a band that seem to exist on a different plane to all others. Absolutely incredible album from currently the best band in the world in my opinion. Everyone go and buy this album now, it is album of the year without a doubt and will not be beaten for the rest of this year or probably until their next album.

Also got new Pearl Jam album which I've only listened to 3 times but sounds superb, not that they ever make bad albums but this sounds a particularly good one.
Blasting from high as the battle unfolds, to the gates of the city we come!

Old 05-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Gee, no replies?!

Well, Peter, I am definitely thinking of getting this one. I bought their previous record, Lateralus, only about four months ago and really like it a lot. Tool sounds quite unique amongst the bands of today.

I've heard the newest one is worth getting for the design alone!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Jovi Addict

If you liked Lateralus you will not be disappointed and it is an extravagant cover.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

To tell you the truth, I've listened to this album and actually felt let down somewhat. I mean, I was waiting for something great and only got something that was ok. Personally, I think Lateralus is awesome, but I can't get into this one. Judge for yourself, but to say it's album of the year and it's only May, that's a big statement.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????
Old 05-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

The new record seems to polarise a lot of fans... which isn't always a bad thing, mind you. I will buy this one and just hope that I end up on the side of people, who embrace it, heh.

Maybe it is one of those records that need a healthy amount of listening before it opens up to you...? I've heard some call 10 000 Days the proggiest effort by Tool to date, after all. And I happen to be a huge fan of progressive rock!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
To tell you the truth, I've listened to this album and actually felt let down somewhat. I mean, I was waiting for something great and only got something that was ok. Personally, I think Lateralus is awesome, but I can't get into this one. Judge for yourself, but to say it's album of the year and it's only May, that's a big statement.

Ryan
As with all Tool albums it takes a bit of effort but like all Tool albums it's well worth it (Although Undertow has never quite done it for me). It's funny that you say you love Lateralus but can't get into this when I've also seen complaints that this is Lateralus pt 2 and not a big enough move forward. I do think this is a different album to Lateralus but still sounds like Tool and I wouldn't want them to change too much.

I know album of the year is a big statement but I really don't think there's another band on the planet right now that could come close to this. To be honest I can't think of a rock album since Lateralus that was as good as that album. I'm not some kind of Tool fanboy, I buy ludicrous amounts of cd's but I think Aenima, Lateralus and now this are seminal albums. For me aswell the proggier the better, I love Dream Theater, Queensryche, Spocks Beard etc.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mc
As with all Tool albums it takes a bit of effort but like all Tool albums it's well worth it (Although Undertow has never quite done it for me). It's funny that you say you love Lateralus but can't get into this when I've also seen complaints that this is Lateralus pt 2 and not a big enough move forward. I do think this is a different album to Lateralus but still sounds like Tool and I wouldn't want them to change too much.

I know album of the year is a big statement but I really don't think there's another band on the planet right now that could come close to this. To be honest I can't think of a rock album since Lateralus that was as good as that album. I'm not some kind of Tool fanboy, I buy ludicrous amounts of cd's but I think Aenima, Lateralus and now this are seminal albums. For me aswell the proggier the better, I love Dream Theater, Queensryche, Spocks Beard etc.
That's the thing, I wasn't looking for a Lateralus knock-off. It's possible that it will grow on me. Now remember, the year is still young and there are a lot of bands wanting to get an album out this year. Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Metallica possibly. We'll see if that statement stands at the end of the year!

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????