Thread: Pearl Jam
View Single Post

Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Tokyo Road

Ten is, in my opinion, the best album ever released EVER ... so yeah, you definitely can't go wrong with that!

Vs. I also great, it's generally a bit more punky and agressive than Ten, but also has some more mellow, introspective songs to balance it out

I've grown to really like Vitalogy, but I reckon it's tough to get into right off the bat ... it's quite a weird album, but it does have some killer songs on there

No Code is experimental like Vitalogy, but more mellow and relaxed in general. Again, some of the songs are killer, some are kinda filler, and a lot are great

Yield is a really good more mainstream rock album, still a bit experimental, but with some more straight up radio rock songs too. Very much worth a look, although again there's a bit of an issue with consistency

Binaural is another odd one, apart from a few songs it's defiantly uncommercial, and IMO takes a number of listens to really get into

Riot Act is overlong at 15 songs, but a few of those songs are great.

Pearl Jam (self titled album) is a searing BEAST of a record. I'd actually recommend it alongside Ten and Vs. as an essential album of theres

Heh, sorry that was really long, PJ are my joint favourite band along with BJ

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!