View Single Post

Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
RollingStone.com: AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleaded guilty to drug charges and threatening to kill a former assistant at a hearing Tuesday in New Zealand's Tauranga District Court...

(F)ollowing the failure of Rudd's solo album...(he) fired much of his staff, including the assistant...Rudd phoned an unnamed Australian associate and asked if they would murder his former assistant in exchange for $200,000, a car, a motorbike or a house. The following day, Rudd made several threatening phone calls to his former assistant, culminating in one call where the drummer stated, "I'm going to come over and kill you."

Although Rudd was initially arrested on a murder-for-hire charge, that was immediately dismissed due to lack of evidence...Rudd's lawyer...argued outside of court that "This matter essentially revolved around an angry phone call" (and that) the prosecution's entire case stemmed from an unwarranted police search...91 grams (3 ounces) of marijuana (was) stashed throughout (Rudd's) house in addition to the methamphetamine (he) had in his pockets...

Rudd initially told the court he would plead not guilty on all counts...In December, while out on bail, Rudd got into a "fracas" with a trial witness and his own bodyguard after a "chance meeting" with the witness...In February...his lawyer quit...Rudd will be sentenced on June 26th...
I thought all the charges had been dismissed because he publicly asked for his job back in late December. He pleads guilty and is reduced to hoping he can get off via a technicality? Nikki Lund, this could be your future!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-27-2015 at 10:27 PM..