View Single Post

Old 04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Recommend An Album

We've got threads about songs but due to some ****ed up situation with my computer's speaker/headphone jack, I rarely listen to individual songs anymore. It's all about the albums.

So I figured it'd be a nice idea to have a thread where people can recommend albums they're currently spinning a lot, preferably with a little explanation as to why, and maybe some songs that people could look up to give them an idea of the albums. Here's my suggestions:

Synopsis: Neil Young's 1990 reunion with Crazy Horse is not his best album by any means but certainly up there. Basically a selection of great folk songs (all original of course, except Farmer John, a live cover of some old garage rock song) played by Crazy Horse in their classic heavy country rock style, with lots of long guitar solos and great lyrics. Totally raw, no production so to speak. My kind of album really.
Songs To Look Up: F*!#in' Up, Love To Burn, Mansion On The Hill

The Band - Music From Big Pink
Synopsis: This is one of the best roots rock albums you'll find out there, and The Band are far more than just Bob Dylan's backing band. They were a group of brilliant instrumentalists, singers, and songwriters who all played an integral part in the music. Their drummer was the main singe for chrissakes! A totally essential album and if you haven't heard it you're really missing out.
Songs To Look Up: The Weight, This Wheel's On Fire, Chest Fever

So yeah, get those albums and I'll get yours. WHAT YOU GOT FOR ME