View Single Post

Old 04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

tom waits - rain dogs

this one's a bit hard to define because it's so varied (it has 20 odd tracks) but their either creepy, maudlin or both and there's a lot of fun to be had although it can be a difficult listen to if you're not familiar with waits.

sigur ros - takk

not really similar to anything else you've mentioned but I will big up this album whenever I get the chance. It could be described as the big instrumental tunes bbc and everyone else uses on their adverts there days but it's reaol description is an hour of unbelievably moving music which touches on the emotions like nothing else can.

teenage fanclub - grand prix

since you like you roots / folky stuff this is an album of summery pop tunes with the odd bit of melancholy from a bunch of guys from a part of glasgow where they have no right to be so talented or sunny sounding

idlewild - 100 broken windows

absolutely fantastic jaggy indie froma bout a decade before jaggy indie was big. every tune was potentially a single and to this day it's my favourite album from the mid 90s (yes 100bw > the bends and definitely maybe) follow it up with scottish fiction which is similar but with a more folk take on it/